Martha’s Vineyard Safe Homes Pledge
The SAFE HOMES PLEDGE program offers parents an opportunity to join together in providing safe environments for their children to socialize while presenting a clear message to all youth that there will be NO underage use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs in their community.
By signing the SAFE HOMES PLEDGE below you agree to the following:
- I will not allow alcoholic beverages or other drugs to be served to minors at parties or activities in my home.
- I acknowledge that there are civil/criminal offenses associated with serving alcohol to anyone under 21 years of age.
- I will actively chaperone all underage parties or activities in my home.
- I will alert the appropriate parents or guardians of any child who is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or drugs in my home.
- I will welcome conversations from other parents or guardians whose children have been invited to my home.
- I will welcome conversations from other parents or guardians if my child is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or other drugs in their home.
- I will remove all unused prescription drugs from my home.
THE SAFE HOMES PLEDGE IS NOT A PROGRAM DESIGNED TO ADDRESS ADULT ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION. SAFE HOMES IS CONCERNED WITH
UNDERAGE SUBSTANCE USE AND ABUSE.
By signing the SAFE HOMES PLEDGE, you will join other parents in your community who are actively trying to prevent underage drinking and teen drug abuse. If you would like more information regarding the Dukes County Youth Task Force or the Safe Homes Pledge, please contact Theresa Manning or Jamie Vanderhoop at email@example.com or (508) 696-5304.
*This pledge is not a legal contract, but rather is meant as a good faith effort to follow its principles.*